Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rhyme For Your Life


Binky, of the children's show Arthur, slips into a nightmare after trying and failing to write a poem for Mother's Day. He is transported into a universe where not rhyming is a crime, so he is forced to speak in the  almost foreign language he has so much difficulty understanding. 

And YES, this has some relevance to literature...skip to 6:56!

I absolutely find this hilarious, and I'm 17 years old, but you're never too old for Arthur. I think it's aimed more at the parents to keep them entertained sometimes. For example, I had no idea who William Carlos Williams was at seven, who makes a guest appearance in this episode, or the singing moose in one of the episodes being none other than Art Garfunkel.

Gosh, I love this show.


No comments:

Post a Comment