Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"Bright Star"



Bright Star


Bright star, would I were steadfast as thou art--
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
No--yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever--or else swoon to death. 

John Keats



In English class last year, we read John Keat's poem "Bright Star". I always have that one poem that will stand out to me for so long after I read it, and this one is it. Stumbling upon it again, I loved it even more than the first time and am about to watch the movie, Bright Star, about the life and romance of John Keats, himself. So, it's time to hack a friends Netflix and watch!

2 comments: